From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: From "Re: Where are returned values stored?"
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:52:00 -0400
Date: 2004-06-07T12:52:00-04:00	[thread overview]

Frank wrote:

> Snipped from "Re: Where are returned values stored?"  :
>>You may perhaps be interested to note that my design for the AdaOS kernel
>>(called 'Bachar') for the IA-32 makes use of segments to help alleviate the
>>problem.
>>--
>>Nick Roberts
> Hi!
>
> Im curios about what is the state for the AdaOS project? Do you have inside
> information? :-)
>
> Frank

This reminds me, that I wanted to reply to Nick's
comments from before: I once worked on a Prime 50
Series platform (Primos) that was segmented. The
architecture offered some advantages, but suffered
from others. I don't seem to recall the problems
that we ran into, but IIRC, one of them was that
there was a limit on the segment size that got in
the way (though I might be confusing this with
the WinTel past). I did however, like the way that
rings and dynamic linking worked (snapping the
links).

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg