* Ada 83
@ 2001-02-14 16:56 EtienneB
From: EtienneB @ 2001-02-14 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody who gets Ada83 compiler for x86 could send me the src of
package Machine_code.
    Then is it possible to build a 8 bit type ?
Thanks
Etienne Baudin

* Re: Ada 83
@ 2001-02-14 18:52 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2001-02-14 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

EtienneB wrote in message <4Nyi6.300$rD1.707746@nnrp3.proxad.net>...
>Does anybody who gets Ada83 compiler for x86 could send me the src of
>package Machine_code.
>    Then is it possible to build a 8 bit type ?

package Machine_Code is part of your compiler, it's not something you
can compile yourself.

Most Ada compilers have an bit type available, for instance Janus/Ada
has an 8-bit type System.Byte. Also, you can use a representation clause
to make any type 8-bits.

You probably ought to ask your compiler vendor these questions; they
usually will be happy to help.

            Randy Brukardt
            R.R. Software, Inc.