From: Per Sandberg <per.sandberg@bredband.net>
Subject: Re: IBM Rational Ada
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:14:19 +0100
Date: 2009-01-31T14:14:19+01:00	[thread overview]

Talk about getting nostalgic.

The old R1000:s I think they where the best development tool ever
produced but there was some serous drawbacks:
* Price
* Performance
* Only one language
They were awfully slow I recall some system builds that required serious
planing, 1 week setup 4 weeks to compile and 1 week cleanup. To build a
similar sized system today takes about 10 minutes a budget desktop machine.
/Nostalgic
/Per -:)