From: Gary Scott <garylscott@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Only one Ada vendor?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:33:34 -0500
Date: 2007-10-21T12:33:34-05:00	[thread overview]

Martin Krischik wrote:
>  Sloan.Kohler@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>Its Friday - thought I would try to stir things up...
>>
>>Several people have stated that "Ada" refers to the latest approved
>>version (i.e., Ada => "Ada 2005").  Its been well over a year since
>>AdaCore announced Ada 2005 support started shipping a pretty complete
>>implementation.  As far as I know, no other vendor has yet announced
>>any intention to support the current standard.  Maybe they're working
>>on it in secrecy. Maybe they are waiting on customer demand.  Maybe
>>they have already lost most of their customers to AdaCore and simply
>>don't care anymore.
>

> The funny thing is: The is only one C and C++ vendor which *fully* supports
> C 99 and C++ 2003. Perhaps full standart compliance is out of fashion :-( .

Definitely not the case for Fortran.  Standard compliance is very high
on the list of vendors.  It does take a while for the changes to be
rolled in though, more so when there are fairly massive changes to the
standard.

--

Gary Scott
mailto:garylscott@sbcglobal dot net

Fortran Library:  http://www.fortranlib.com

Support the Original G95 Project:  http://www.g95.org
-OR-
Support the GNU GFortran Project:  http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/index.html

If you want to do the impossible, don't hire an expert because he knows
it can't be done.

-- Henry Ford