From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: Is There A Newer Win32Ada For ObjectAda?
Date: 2000/02/05
Date: 2000-02-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>The Win32Ada packages, or at least the ones that come with ObjectAda,
>are out of date.  I need some of the Win32 facilities that are not
>available in the ObjectAda version of Win32Ada.
>Frankly, I would rather not switch from Win32Ada to WinAPI. I already
>have a lot of code using Win32Ada that would have to be revised.

  It perhaps bears repeating that selecting a binding to something
as large as Windows should be done only after careful thought, and
with a view toward future needs.  Something that seems adequate,
and cheap and easy to start using, may lock you into a particular
binding or compiler and be very painful to change in the future.
  Tom Moran
  (who has contributed to making CLAW over 5MB of Ada-style binding,
containing "pragma import"s for over 500 Windows functions, plus
examples and docs)