* Who maintaines comp.lang.ada
@ 2001-05-21 19:20 Joachim Schr�er
From: Joachim Schr�er @ 2001-05-21 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have a special question. How are newsgroups like C.L.A
maintained? The reason for my question is:
My last articles sent to C.L.A the 8-th of may and  the 15-th
of may titled
"OpenGL - framework for Win32; Xearth in Ada;
new freeware on Adapower.com"
vanished from the list of articles after about a week.
How is that possible? Has it to do with the german newsserver
I use at home which is "News.CIS.DFN.DE"?

    Joachim Schroeer

* Re: Who maintaines comp.lang.ada
@ 2001-05-21 20:39 ` Corey Ashford
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Corey Ashford @ 2001-05-21 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think it's your news server.  It may retain articles for only a week.

I can still see your posts on our news server here.  You could go to
some web site like groups.google.com to find your posts.

- Corey

@ 2001-05-21 20:40 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2001-05-21 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find the comp.lang.ada arrive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?num=25&hl=en&lr=&group=comp.lang.ada&safe=of
f&start=25&group=comp.lang.ada

@ 2001-05-21 20:49 ` Frode Tennebø
From: Frode Tennebø @ 2001-05-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joachim Schr�er wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a special question. How are newsgroups like C.L.A
> maintained? The reason for my question is:

Nobody maintains it per se. However, someone created it and he or she
might have some feelings for it...still. :)

> My last articles sent to C.L.A the 8-th of may and  the 15-th
> of may titled
> "OpenGL - framework for Win32; Xearth in Ada;
> new freeware on Adapower.com"
> vanished from the list of articles after about a week.
> How is that possible? Has it to do with the german newsserver
> I use at home which is "News.CIS.DFN.DE"?

News is not permanent. Postings expire. When they expire very much
depends on how each individual newsserver is configured. If you want to
look at expired articles, http://groups.google.com/ is your friend.

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb� | email: frodet@nvg.org | Frode@IRC  ^
| with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer; |

* Re: Who maintaines comp.lang.ada
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-05-21 20:58 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-05-21 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)