From: nils@guru.stgt.sub.org (Cornelis van der Laan)
Subject: Re: GNAT on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 02:40:58 GMT
Date: 1994-12-12T02:40:58+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <KARL.94Dec3163757@bagpuss.demon.co.uk> karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk (Karl Strickland) writes:

> Has anyone ported GNAT to FreeBSD (any version) or NetBSD?

I have successfully ported GNAT-1.83 and GNAT-2.00 to FreeBSD-1.1.5.
The appropriate binaries are available on

	ftp.ims.uni-stuttgart.de:/pub/unix/FreeBSD/gnat-*

(or soon will be).

Note that I lately have started packaging them as NetBSD-static
binaries, since those binaries run on all *BSD systems and allow you
to recompile your own binaries from source.

Another note: include /usr/local/GNU/bin in your path first, since the
gnat binder relies on the proper gcc to be invoked. If it's /usr/bin/gcc
it barfs.

Nils
Cornelis van der Laan -- nils@ims.uni-stuttgart.de
                      -- nils@guru.stgt.sub.org
# echo Knusper Knusper Knaeuschen > /etc/nologin