From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Re: Command Line Argument Package
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:27:57 GMT
Date: 2004-07-27T14:27:57+00:00	[thread overview]

Jeff C, wrote:

> I've posted a command line argument helper/utility package that I've had
> around for a while. I've used it on a few small things and had intended to
> clean it up some more and post it someday but it is already pretty useful.
>
> http://newserver.thecreems.com/article.php?story=20040726220542693

Nice package. I see you too have some of the ideas I have that have made
me write my parameter handler Orto, which will be a part of AdaCL. Like
your package, Orto looks up parameters by name rather than position, and
prints help texts. It also interprets the parameters as numbers,
booleans and so on. Its command line syntax is somewhat different from
yours.

Orto isn't quite finished yet and the documentation is mostly missing,
but it's functional on Gnu-based systems. The code can be viewed at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/adacl/adacl/Include/ (the
adacl-command_line-orto* files).

--
Björn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.