From: "Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie problem with GtkAda
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:29:17 GMT
Date: 2001-06-10T13:29:17+00:00	[thread overview]

I suspect you are running win 98 or ME or something similar. The gate script
does not really work for that OS family. It still works fine
under NT, 2000. The Gtkada site is not always really clear that they
are currently really only supporting the NT family.

Look around for a script I did to replace gate that works under 98. It is an
ugly hack but it does work.

You should be able to find my post from a few months back at
http://gtkada.eu.org/pipermail/gtkada/
(I'd send it to you directly but I did it on my laptop while on travel and I
do not have immediate access to it.)

(The basic problem you are running into appears to be caused by an error
in the way the consumer version of windows handles command line arguments. I
forget the exact problem I found but it is not really caused by a "bug" in
the
Gtkada stuff...Just a missing workaround for a win95/98 problem)