From: "Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie problem with GtkAda
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:58:05 GMT
Date: 2001-06-11T09:58:05+00:00	[thread overview]

"Dom" <fitdz@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
news:MPG.158df9f9895ddfe5989683@news.claranews.com...
> Thanks very much for the info, I grabbed the whole mailing list archive
> and found remarkably simple instructions for generating the code manually
> :)
>
> gate-in.exe file.glade > all.ada
> gnatchop all.ada
>
> Did the trick with all the examples, no doubt I will run into issues at
> some point but thats my problem for running a tatty old OS! Win2K or a
> Linux partition for the future.

That does work but if you take that approach you don't get the auto
patch/merge
features of the full glade script (so that as you edit packages to fill in
the callbacks you have
to hand merge in new changes).. While not great it really is not bad but
certainly not as convenient
as having the actual full gate script working.