From: Jeff Creem <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: AdaOS on hiatus?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:14:39 -0400
Date: 2005-10-13T18:14:39-04:00	[thread overview]

Freejack wrote:
> I've been surfing the adaos.net website looking for docs and maybe some
> preliminary source code. I havent had much luck. Has anyone done any work
> on the project yet?
>
> I've been contemplating writing my own kernel in Ada(using an exokernel
> rather than a microkernel design.) But I'd rather jump in on a project
> already in motion.
>
> Any news?
>
> Freejack

It has been in early planning stages for years along with concepts about
writing a new compiler. It is not likely to go anywehere.

Linux exists because one person decided to start small and actually
create something. AdaOS is thinking too big and has currently bitten off
too big of a chunk.

I even considered going to http://www.longbets.org/ and putting up money
on this.

Start your own and maybe others will join in.