From: Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch (Mats Weber)
Subject: Re: STORAGE Errors
Date: 1996/08/23
Date: 1996-08-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>My problem is that after a while of processing lists and displays I tend
>to get storage exceptions that usually freeze the process.  I've checked
>and all the linked lists are deallocated when they are not being used and
>all motif windows are destroyed when they are unmapped.  Does anyone have
>any information on STORAGE Errors or any suggestions on this particular
>problem.

First check that your program is not constantly eating memory while it
executes. If it does, it has a memory leak. Memory leaks are not
necessarilly your fault: the X11 libs you're using might leak, or the
compiler might fail to deallocate some temporary memory (I've seen this
happen).

Another cause for storage_error in some implementations is an access
violation (access to a memory address that you are not allowed to
read/write) or erroneous usage of the memory allocator, such as
deallocating the same object more than once (the standard recommends
Program_Error, but some implementations do raise Storage_Error).

Good Luck

--Mats