* Ada testsuite(s) ?
@ 1996-10-03  0:00 Martin Pottendorfer
From: Martin Pottendorfer @ 1996-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i'm interested in a collection of ada-testprograms which could give a
feeling about the quality of an ada implementation/port.  if there is
a `standard validation suite' freely available it would be even better
even if such a thing is not __freely__ available i would be
interested.

background: i've managed to build a `working' gnat crosscompiler (3.05)
for our embedded rt-os. now i'm interested how good this ada-system
approximates the ada95 standard.

thanx alot,
martin

PS: please CC to Martin.Pottendorfer@aut.alcatel.at
--
Martin.Pottendorfer@aut.alcatel.at
Phone: +43 1 27722 3758	|  You know you've been hacking LISP too long,

* Re: Ada testsuite(s) ?
@ 1996-10-07  0:00 ` Philip Brashear
From: Philip Brashear @ 1996-10-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <yqyrangukha.fsf@aut.alcatel.at>,
Martin Pottendorfer  <Martin.Pottendorfer@aut.alcatel.at> wrote:
>hi,
>
>i'm interested in a collection of ada-testprograms which could give a
>feeling about the quality of an ada implementation/port.  if there is
>a `standard validation suite' freely available it would be even better

Well, do you want validation or quality assessment?  They're quite different.
A compiler that is extremely awkward to use, slower than molasses, and has
no support tools may still pass the standard validation suite (ACVC 2.0.1
right now, available via the AJPO host at URL http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/
)

For quality, there's a different story.  The ACES can help measure some
usability characteristics and certain performance characteristics.  Try
the same host as above, but look at .../adaic/testing/aces

I can provide very limited consultation on the ACES, or we can look at
funded consultation if you like.

Phil Brashear
CTA INCORPORATED
(513) 258-0831
brashear.cta@juno.com

* Re: Ada testsuite(s) ?
@ 1996-10-10  0:00   ` Mats Weber
From: Mats Weber @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>i'm interested in a collection of ada-testprograms which could give a
>>feeling about the quality of an ada implementation/port.  if there is
>>a `standard validation suite' freely available it would be even better

I have a small validation suite that I use for the first tests before I
start using a compiler. I can send it to anyone who wants it.

--Mats