* Is anyone using Claw with GNAT 3.15p?
@ 2003-09-26  3:50 Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-09-26  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded the Claw demo for use with GNAT (Claw_Intro_Gnat.zip).
Unzipped the files into a directory of their own.  When I run the "mk*.bat"
files I get compile time errors about circular elaboration.

Am I doing something wrong?

D:\AdaSrc\Libraries\CLAW\Sources>mkadtest
D:\AdaSrc\Libraries\CLAW\Sources>gnatmake -gnato -O2 adtest -largs -mwindows
gcc -c -gnato -O2 adtest.adb
gcc -c -gnato -O2 ad_agency.adb
gnatbind -x adtest.ali
error: elaboration circularity detected
info:    "claw.low_dialog (spec)" must be elaborated before
"claw.low_wnd_proc (
body)"
info:       reason: with clause

info:    "claw.edit.multiline (spec)" must be elaborated before
"claw.low_dialog
 (body)"
info:       reason: with clause
info:    "claw.edit.multiline (spec)" must therefore be elaborated before
"claw.
low_dialog (spec)"
info:       (because "claw.low_dialog (spec)" has a pragma Elaborate_Body)

info:    "claw.low_wnd_proc (body)" must be elaborated before
"claw.edit.multili
ne (spec)"
info:       reason: Elaborate_All probably needed in unit
"claw.edit.multiline (
spec)"
info:       recompile "claw.edit.multiline (spec)" with -gnatwl for full
details

info:          "claw.low_wnd_proc (body)"
info:             must be elaborated along with its spec:
info:          "claw.low_wnd_proc (spec)"
info:             which is withed by:
info:          "claw.edit (body)"
info:             which must be elaborated along with its spec:
info:          "claw.edit (spec)"
info:             which is withed by:
info:          "claw.edit.multiline (spec)"

gnatmake: *** bind failed.

Steve
(The Duck)

* Re: Is anyone using Claw with GNAT 3.15p?
@ 2003-09-26  5:17 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-09-26  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I downloaded the Claw demo for use with GNAT (Claw_Intro_Gnat.zip).
> ... I get compile time errors about circular elaboration.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
  Yes, you are assuming that Gnat by default is an Ada compiler. ;)
With 3.15 they changed elaboration handling so you need to include
a -gnatE option on the command line to make Gnat accept legal Ada.
  The current version of Claw has pragma Elaborates all over to explain
things to Gnat so -gnatE is not necessary.  But those changes haven't yet
been made to the demo version.
  You might also want to grab wglink.exe from www.adapower.com/os/wglink.html
so .rc files will get automatically linked in.