From: Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: has anyone ever used this book?
Date: 16 Jul 2001 16:48:10 -0500
Date: 2001-07-16T16:48:10-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <tl6iu0c3v49b3b@corp.supernews.com>, "Beau" <beau@hiwaay.net> writes:
> Ada 95  Problem Solving and Program Design? I am using it in class and we
> are in ch 11. We have for a problem number 6. and I cannot understand for
> the life of me why we would need to construct an ADT for the bank account
> AND use the currency and Dates ADT packages. I am just asking for an
> explanation respectively. thanks.

Without even looking at the book, I would say that textbook-sized
examples are supposed to be small, so to illustrate using one ADT
within another one has to do that for cases that are possibly
quite a bit smaller than one would encounter in the real world.

It is a sign of forethought, however, to make the currency ADT
package when you only need it one place, anticipating that in
the future you may need it in other places.