From: mwills@x102a.harris-atd.com (wills ms 01309)
Subject: Re: Simtel20 (was: pretty printers/parsers/etc.)
Date: 13 Dec 90 22:48:15 GMT	[thread overview]

The problem here is not connecting to Simtel, it is holding a reliable
connection long enough to retrieve a sizable file.  I can usually get
through one out of five times, but NAPPSRC.SRC is 1MB+ and the connection
usually breaks around 700K or 800K.  Now there's a waste of
bandwidth... Dropping the connection after 70% complete.

Two things might alleviate my current distress:

A kind sole who would put NAPPSRC.SRC and/or ABSTRACT.SRC on their
(non-simtel) ftp site and mail me its address.

-or-

A compressed (zoo, zip, or tar.Z) version of the files at simtel which
would require a shorter transfer time and have a (hopefully) higher
probability of success.

Two people have requested summaries of pretty printer comments.  I
have received none.  However, I have found napp.zip (msdos binary
only) at wuarchive.wustl.edu in mirrors/msdos/ada, in case they are
interested.  For the above reasons, I still don't have one for UNIX.

Thanks in advance.

M. Scott Wills                        internet: mwills@rhino.ess.harris.com
Mail Stop 102-4828                        uucp: uunet!x102a!mwills
Harris Corporation                       voice: 407-729-3283
Government Aerospace Systems Division      fax: 407-729-3211
P.O. Box 94000
Melbourne, FL 32902