From: geme@baraboo.com (Gabriel Emerson)
Subject: TCP/IP with GNAT
Date: 1997/01/07
Date: 1997-01-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

  I have been programming in several languages for the past several
years, and seem to be grabbing whatever is closest lately.  I think I
have finally found a language I can warm up to with Ada.  I am running
GNAT 3.05 at home on a Linux ELF system, and will be installing it on my
NT machine at work as well.  I need to write utilities from time to time
that need socket support, but I am having trouble finding this support in
the GNAT libraries.

  As a military-grade programming language, it would seem to me that GNAT
should have cross-platform socket support.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction here?  Thanks!

-Gabriel Emerson
 <geme@baraboo.com>