From: kenneth.l.mays@cpmx.saic.com (Ken Mays)
Subject: Ada95 and the habitual human
Date: 1997/07/16
Date: 1997-07-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Humans are creatures of habit. One of the habits I've noticed is that
many humans do NOT like or use computers for one reason or another. Don't
expect people to accept the fact that Ada95 works in many situations over
doing the same thing in C++. Some companies still maintain JOVIAL, ATLAS,
and other older technology. The point: Why reinvent the wheel?

So talking about developing in Ada95 is targeted towards "future"
development. Some companies are converting code over to Ada95 but my
philosophy is if it ain't broke then justify a rewrite!! Commodore
rewrote AmigaDos from BCL to C/C++. Other companies rewrote machine
language programs to C/C++ for cross platform development. There are
justifiable reasons, but always ask yourself "is it worth it?"

Ken
SAIC

"If I told you I was bleeding, would you give me a bandage or check my
blood pressure?"