From: Phil Thornley <phil.jpthornley@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: SPARK loop VCs that go "one beyond" the loop?
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:43:02 -0000
Date: 2012-03-04T18:43:02+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <aYCdndGkyL_dCc7S4p2dnAA@giganews.com>, PChapin@vtc.vsc.edu
says...
[...snipped...]

Peter,

I would like to give a more considered reply than I have time for just
now, however:

I am fairly sure that what you need to add to the assertion is the
result of the earlier check:
   Event_Array(I).Description_Size <= Description'Length

You may also need to state that the upper bound on J is not changed by
the loop body:
   Event_Array = Event_Array%

Cheers,

Phil

> P.S. I posted a message earlier about discharging a post condition with
> a quantified expression. I just want you (Phil) to know that I read your
> message but I haven't had time to work with that example since. I did
> get an insight about it, however, so I want to reflect on that insight
> for a bit. I'll post again if I have more questions. Thanks for your help!

If there's too much code to post to news then feel free to mail it to me
- the address is on the sparksure web site if you don't still have it.