* MS Access
@ 2004-01-28  1:09 Lorrie Hellier
From: Lorrie Hellier @ 2004-01-28  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone had any success interfacing to a microsoft access database
via Ada?  Would appreciate any help.

* Re: MS Access
@ 2004-01-28  2:58 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2004-01-28  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Lorrie Hellier <lhellier@hiwaay.net> writes:

> Has anyone had any success interfacing to a microsoft access database
> via Ada?  Would appreciate any help.

I have not. But I think there is an ODBC interface to MS Access, and
GNADE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnade) has a decent binding to
ODBC, which I have used on Windows (to access a MySQL database).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: MS Access
@ 2004-01-28 10:20   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2004-01-28 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 Jan 2004 21:58:12 -0500, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
wrote:

>Lorrie Hellier <lhellier@hiwaay.net> writes:
>
>> Has anyone had any success interfacing to a microsoft access database
>> via Ada?  Would appreciate any help.
>
>I have not. But I think there is an ODBC interface to MS Access, and
>GNADE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnade) has a decent binding to
>ODBC, which I have used on Windows (to access a MySQL database).

I had both MySQL and MS Access 2002, ODBC in GNADE worked fine.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: MS Access
@ 2004-01-28 15:03     ` Jano
From: Jano @ 2004-01-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry A. Kazakov dice...
> On 27 Jan 2004 21:58:12 -0500, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Lorrie Hellier <lhellier@hiwaay.net> writes:
> >
> >> Has anyone had any success interfacing to a microsoft access database
> >> via Ada?  Would appreciate any help.
> >
> >I have not. But I think there is an ODBC interface to MS Access, and
> >GNADE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnade) has a decent binding to
> >ODBC, which I have used on Windows (to access a MySQL database).
>
> I had both MySQL and MS Access 2002, ODBC in GNADE worked fine.

I use GNADE to MSAccess via ODBC. I have problems inserting records,
because some cursor is left open and I must disconnect after each
insertion, but it works.

I suspect of a failure in gesql (the embedded SQL translator), but I may
be wrong.