* Eliza implementation in Ada
@ 2003-09-15 18:29 Jano
From: Jano @ 2003-09-15 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello people,

In another spin of my Ada whereabouts, I'm now interested in finding an
Ada open source implementation of the classic Eliza chatterbot (or
improved versions). I'm looking through bot code resources but I find
surprisingly few things (or I'm searching really bad). I have located a
few in Pascal, Basic and Prolog, but that's all.

The next best thing would be a C implementation which I suppose would be
easy to bind, and finally an implementation in any language that an
average programmer could understand (in that case, simplicity would be a
plus, I'd not like to translate a program with a lot of [obscure]
lines).

Thanks for any pointers,

--
-------------------------
Jano

* Re: Eliza implementation in Ada
@ 2003-09-15 19:08 ` Rod Haper
From: Rod Haper @ 2003-09-15 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jano wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> In another spin of my Ada whereabouts, I'm now interested in finding an
> Ada open source implementation of the classic Eliza chatterbot (or
> improved versions). I'm looking through bot code resources but I find
> surprisingly few things (or I'm searching really bad). I have located a
> few in Pascal, Basic and Prolog, but that's all.
>
> The next best thing would be a C implementation which I suppose would be
> easy to bind, and finally an implementation in any language that an
> average programmer could understand (in that case, simplicity would be a
> plus, I'd not like to translate a program with a lot of [obscure]
> lines).
>
> Thanks for any pointers,

The BUSH shell scripting language (GPL license) contains an Eliza script
in the examples directory.  Since BUSH is based on AdaScript (a subset
of Ada 95) you should find it fairly ease to port to Ada 95.  Here's a
link to the BUSH home page:

http://www.vaxxine.com/pegasoft/bush.html

--
Rod

+---------------------------------+
|    There is a better way ...    |
|  LAP => Linux + Ada95 + Python  |
+---------------------------------+

* Re: Eliza implementation in Ada
@ 2003-09-15 20:56   ` Jano
From: Jano @ 2003-09-15 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Haper dice...

> The BUSH shell scripting language (GPL license) contains an Eliza script
> in the examples directory.  Since BUSH is based on AdaScript (a subset
> of Ada 95) you should find it fairly ease to port to Ada 95.  Here's a
> link to the BUSH home page:
>
> http://www.vaxxine.com/pegasoft/bush.html

Thanks, I'll look it right now.

* Re: Eliza implementation in Ada
@ 2003-09-15 21:07     ` Jano
From: Jano @ 2003-09-15 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jano dice...
> Rod Haper dice...
>

> > The BUSH shell scripting language (GPL license) contains an Eliza script
> > in the examples directory.  Since BUSH is based on AdaScript (a subset
> > of Ada 95) you should find it fairly ease to port to Ada 95.  Here's a
> > link to the BUSH home page:
> >
> > http://www.vaxxine.com/pegasoft/bush.html
>
> Thanks, I'll look it right now.

Err... both links (bin and source) for the latest version (0.9.3) are
giving me a 404. I've download OK 0.9.2 though.

* Re: Eliza implementation in Ada
@ 2003-09-16  5:02       ` Rod Haper
From: Rod Haper @ 2003-09-16  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jano wrote:

> Err... both links (bin and source) for the latest version (0.9.3) are
> giving me a 404. I've download OK 0.9.2 though.

0.9.2 is the current stable version.  0.9.3 is the current development
version and probably in not populated yet.

--
Rod

|     There is a better way ...    |
|   LAP => Linux + Ada95 + Python  |