From: Jano <notelacreas@porfavor.no>
Subject: Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:53:40 +0200
Date: 2002-10-15T23:53:40+02:00	[thread overview]

En el mensaje <uelasyh23.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>, stephen.a.leake.1
@gsfc.nasa.gov dice...

> > I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to install but
> > it seems they don't exist.
>
> Correct. GNADE has only recently begun supplying binary packages for
> Linux, and we have not discussed binary packages for Windows.
>
> Since there is no standard packaging scheme for Windows, it's not
> clear how to distribute a binary.

Mmm... I'm wondering. I have an old 1.1.5 executable that installs
GNADE, and even creates start menu entries for docs, uninstall and
rebuilding of the libadaodbc.a. That's the reason why I was searching
for an actualized version.

I presume it's made by another person?

> That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.

Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
of gmake. Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat? If it's
this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.

Many thanks,

--
Jano