* Gnade win32 binaries??
@ 2002-10-13 15:23 Jano
From: Jano @ 2002-10-13 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all. I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to
install but it seems they don't exist.

I'm forced to build from sources? Or can I find them in another place?

TIA,

--
-------------------------
Jano

* Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
@ 2002-10-14 19:08 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-14 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jano <notelacreas@porfavor.no> writes:

> Hello all.

Hi! I'm the Win32 maintainer for GNADE.

> I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to install but
> it seems they don't exist.

Correct. GNADE has only recently begun supplying binary packages for
Linux, and we have not discussed binary packages for Windows.

Since there is no standard packaging scheme for Windows, it's not
clear how to distribute a binary.

What are you expecting? Maybe I can provide it easily.

> I'm forced to build from sources?

That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
@ 2002-10-15 21:53   ` Jano
From: Jano @ 2002-10-15 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

En el mensaje <uelasyh23.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>, stephen.a.leake.1
@gsfc.nasa.gov dice...

> > I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to install but
> > it seems they don't exist.
>
> Correct. GNADE has only recently begun supplying binary packages for
> Linux, and we have not discussed binary packages for Windows.
>
> Since there is no standard packaging scheme for Windows, it's not
> clear how to distribute a binary.

Mmm... I'm wondering. I have an old 1.1.5 executable that installs
GNADE, and even creates start menu entries for docs, uninstall and
rebuilding of the libadaodbc.a. That's the reason why I was searching
for an actualized version.

I presume it's made by another person?

> That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.

Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
of gmake. Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat? If it's
this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.

Many thanks,

--
-------------------------
Jano

* Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
@ 2002-10-16 17:40     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-16 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jano <notelacreas@porfavor.no> writes:

> En el mensaje <uelasyh23.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>, stephen.a.leake.1
> @gsfc.nasa.gov dice...
>
> > > I'm looking at sourceforge for win32 binaries ready to install but
> > > it seems they don't exist.
> >
> > Correct. GNADE has only recently begun supplying binary packages for
> > Linux, and we have not discussed binary packages for Windows.
> >
> > Since there is no standard packaging scheme for Windows, it's not
> > clear how to distribute a binary.
>
> Mmm... I'm wondering. I have an old 1.1.5 executable that installs
> GNADE, and even creates start menu entries for docs, uninstall and
> rebuilding of the libadaodbc.a. That's the reason why I was searching
> for an actualized version.
>
> I presume it's made by another person?

Yes, gnade for Win32 used to be maintained by someone else.

> > That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.
>
> Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
> of gmake.

If you find that in the current distribution, it's a bug; submit a bug
report.

'gmake' seems to be a common name for 'Gnu make', which is what comes
with GNAT and Cygwin.

> Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat?

Yes.

> If it's this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.

If you need more help, email me off list: stephen_leake@acm.org. Let
me know how it goes, either way.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Gnade win32 binaries??
@ 2002-10-20  7:32       ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2002-10-20  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:

>>>That's not hard; just type 'make' in the Win32 directory.
>>
>>Seems pretty easy :-) From reading the docs I had the idea I was in need
>>of gmake.
>

> If you find that in the current distribution, it's a bug; submit a bug
> report.
>
> 'gmake' seems to be a common name for 'Gnu make', which is what comes
> with GNAT and Cygwin.
>

>>Are you refering to the make that comes with gnat?
>

> Yes.

On my box (Linux) make and gmake are identicial but with different
behaviour. Specically the  make clean does not work correctly with
make.

The Makefiles for Windows are using GNU Make features. There for
i gues you will need this on windows as well.

>>If it's this easy, really it's enough for me. I'll give a try.
>

> If you need more help, email me off list: stephen_leake@acm.org. Let
> me know how it goes, either way.

I would prefere if you could use the gnade mailing list:

gnade-develop@lists.sourceforge.net

Regards
     M.Erdmann