From: Thomas Wolf <t_wolf@angelfire.com>
Subject: ANN: AdaBrowse 2.1
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:05:00 +0200
Date: 2002-07-02T14:05:00+02:00	[thread overview]

I've published version 2.1 of AdaBrowse. It's available at
the URL

  http://home.tiscalinet.ch/t_wolf/tw/ada95/adabrowse/

in source form and as a pre-built executable for Win NT/2k
and GNAT 3.14p.

Changes from the previous version (2.01):

- Start tags of user-defined HTML entities may now have
  attributes, which can be referenced in the replacement.

- AdaBrowse 2.1 supports user-defined formatting rules for
  descriptions, giving lots of flexibility in particular for
  generating HTML from legacy code.

- Some corrections in HTML generation: no more misplaced <P>
  tags, typo correction (2.01 generated a MTEA tag instead of
  META), improved handling of unknown tags, sxtray end tags,
  and of character entities, new "<!DOCTYPE" string.

- The makefile now tries to figure out the name of the compiler
  called by gnatmake, and sets up AdaBrowse to use that as the
  default name. As a result, the default compile command will
  generally be "gcc -c -gnatc -gnatt", but on some Linux
  systems, it should be "gnatgcc -c -gnatc -gnatt".
    (Note: I don't have a Linux system at hand. Could somebody
  who has successfully built AdaBrowse 2.1 on Linux and who
  has a setup where the Ada-enabled gcc is called gnatgcc please
  tell me whether this works? See file ad-setup.ads after
  having run make; it should have "gnatgcc" as the compiler
  name!)
    Also note: in any case, you can still override the default
  by giving an explicit compile command in a configuration file.

AdaBrowse 2.1 has passed all my regression tests; the generated
HTML has been verified to be compliant to the "HTML 4.01
Transient" DTD.

See the included user's guide on how and where to submit bug
reports.

On a side-note: the Util subsystem (a collection of generally
useful Ada 95 packages, published under the GMGPL) used by
AdaBrowse and available at the URL

  http://home.tiscalinet.ch/t_wolf/tw/ada95/util/

also has been updated. It includes now many more useful
utility packages, such a thick (stream-based) binding to
the popen/pclose routines available on Win32 and Linux,
extended calendar support, time formatting operations,
utility string operations, operations on path names,
a configuration file reader, environment variable
substitution, and much, much more...

The full AdaBrowse-generated reference for these packages
also is online

  http://home.tiscalinet.ch/t_wolf/tw/ada95/util/doc/

This documentation is also included in the tarball.

Thomas Wolf                          e-mail: t_wolf@angelfire.com