From: Alejandro R. Mosteo <402450@cepsz.unizar.es>
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.13p on NT - protected objects
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:13:08 +0200
Date: 2001-06-30T20:13:08+02:00	[thread overview]

Peter F. Gath ha escrito esto previamente:
> Hi Alex.
>
> We have also experienced this problem. Right now, we are using some basic=
>
> Windows NT functions to change the priority. Below is a small test
> program you might want to try. It works fine for our application, and
> a similar approach should be possible when you work with different
> threads or tasks.
>
> Good luck,
>
>    Peter

Many thanks, Peter. I was aware of that function and his companion
SetThreadPriority. I think that it's the later what I need now (since I
set the REALTIME class only once at the beginning of the application).

My problem was that I was trying to change the priority with
Set_Priority within the protected object, which is forbidden by ARM. Now,
I see that I can try the same with SetThreadPriority, and this
should work. (How I don't think that at first??? Too much "Ada thinking",
I presume: can't thing anything out of Ada).

It's still a little pain to make that calls in every service of my
protected servers, but nothing compared with doing such calls from every
client!

Cheers!

Alejandro R. Mosteo
mailto: 402450@cepsz.unizar.uu_remove_uu.es