From: "Mike Silva" <mjsilva@jps.net>
Subject: Re: When cross-posting, don't annoy the pig
Date: 1999/12/23
Date: 1999-12-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've been thinking about this since it was posted, and I agree that
gratuitous (key word!) Ada references are to be avoided.  Still, in many
language-neutral groups that are quite relevant to Ada there seems to be an
unspoken C/C++ "assumption".  I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to
post some form of Ada mini-FAQ to these groups, not covering the entire
language in detail, but focusing on those areas of the language which are
appropriate to the particular newsgroup.  Examples of language-neutral
groups that seem to beg for Ada info would be comp.arch.embedded,
comp.realtime, comp.robotics and comp.programming.threads (it's quite likely
that a single mini-FAQ could cover all of these groups).  I would see such
mini-FAQs as analagous to the CPU-specific FAQs posted in the first three
groups.  There are probably other, more general-purpose groups that could
also be considered.

Anyway, that's my thinking.  It seems a shame that so many groups where Ada
would be a natural never hear about it.

Mike