From: Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Digital MoBoard in Ada
Date: 15 May 2002 06:23:55 -0600
Date: 2002-05-15T06:23:55-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <3CE1D960.7FE28DFC@adaworks.com>, Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> writes:

> Someone once said they found themselves making people angry more
> often by trying to something nice than by being crass and cranky.  I
> have tried to do something nice and find myself getting beat up by
> those who I thought would be pleased by the information.

I think you are dwelling on this much longer than appropriate.
Anytime I try a non-working link that someone posts, I indicate
that.  My expectation is less that the original poster will run
off and change the site (often not in their scope of authority)
but more that all those reading in the group who might be "fussy"
will consider the testing aspects when they build their own sites.

I will do this in comp.lang.ada and comp.os.vms (unless someone
else beats me to it).  There are groups where such attention to
correctness would be lost, so I don't bother.