* Anyone out there subscribe to Aviation Week?
@ 1994-10-26 21:40 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-10-26 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to contact the publishers of Aviation Week. If anyone
in netland receives this magazine, I'd appreciate getting a fax of
the masthead with publisher/editor phone/fax numbers. Please fax
to 301-229-7408.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/
"Non illegitimi carborundum." (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)

* Re: Anyone out there subscribe to Aviation Week?
@ 1994-10-27 19:56 ` Michael Hann
From: Michael Hann @ 1994-10-27 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

mfledman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
> I would like to contact the publishers of Aviation Week. If anyone
> in netland receives this magazine, I'd appreciate getting a fax of
>the masthead with publisher/editor phone/fax numbers. Please fax
> to 301-229-7408.

The fax is on its way.  At 3 x 10^8 meters per second it should be
there soon.

"The conqueror is always peace-loving; he wishes to make his way
into territory unopposed." - Clausewitz

	mikeh@ssd.fsi.com

* Re: Anyone out there subscribe to Aviation Week?
@ 1994-10-28 14:14 ` Robert C. Lokerson
From: Robert C. Lokerson @ 1994-10-28 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In Article <MIKEH.94Oct27145628@oh58d-pdssc.ssd.fsi.com> "mikeh@ssd.fsi.com (Michael Hann)" says:
> mfledman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
> > I would like to contact the publishers of Aviation Week. If anyone
> > in netland receives this magazine, I'd appreciate getting a fax of
> >the masthead with publisher/editor phone/fax numbers. Please fax
> > to 301-229-7408.
>
> The fax is on its way.  At 3 x 10^8 meters per second it should be
> there soon.

I had to wonder if Feldman's post was a sort of "poll" to see who was reading
this group.  Surely GWU's library get Aviation Week. I brought in a copy
today, expecting to FAX the relevent page, but thought about it and visual-
ized the flood of responses he (should have) gotten.

What was this really about?

Aside to Feldman... I've got 4 sibling-alumni from GWU and went to public
school with Dean Mason's son, if you go back that far. :-)

  R.C. LOKERSON (BOB)      MAIL ADDRESS:      VOICE : 407.729.2257
  HARRIS MDSO/MIS/DCC/ATG     HARRIS E.S.S.   SMTP  : RLOKER01@HARRIS.COM
  BLDG 15/RM 838              P.O. BOX 37     CCMAIL: RLOKER01
  PALM BAY, FLORIDA           MELBOURNE FL    FCC   : WA3PKX
                              32902           HOME  : 407.725.8024

  (I WROTE IT, NOT MR. HARRIS)

When rayguns are outlawed, only outlaws will have rayguns-Natl Raygun Assc

* Re: Anyone out there subscribe to Aviation Week?
@ 1994-11-01  4:33   ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-11-01  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <19941028101355.RLOKER01@rlokerson9.ess.harris.com>,
Robert C. Lokerson <RLOKER01@HARRIS.COM> wrote:

>I had to wonder if Feldman's post was a sort of "poll" to see who was reading
>this group.  Surely GWU's library get Aviation Week. I brought in a copy
>today, expecting to FAX the relevent page, but thought about it and visual-
>ized the flood of responses he (should have) gotten.
>
>What was this really about?

OK, OK. It was a serious request. For years I was so disgusted with the
poor range of periodicals at the GW library (and the constant theft of
the ones we _did_ get) that I stopping going there.

So many of my net friends kicked butt on this that I was impelled to
punch up the GW online catalog from my home computer. Yeah, they get
Aviation Week. The library really has improved. That'll teach me
a lesson. :-)

In any case, thanks much for the several faxes and e-mail notes I got.

>Aside to Feldman... I've got 4 sibling-alumni from GWU and went to public
>school with Dean Mason's son, if you go back that far. :-)

Wow! Mason left in the late 60's. Harold Leibowitz became Dean of
Engineering in 1968; I started at GW in '75.

Further GW trivia by e-mail...

Thanks, folks!