From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: sorting using dynamic tasks
Date: 2000/05/03
Date: 2000-05-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> > I sent the code for "Batcher's parallel sort" via e-mail.
>
> Hmmm! this is of course a very typical assignment. Perhaps
> you should put this code up on the web.
> For example, submit it to adapower as an example.
  I have in fact submitted it to AdaPower.  It was already out
there in public (posted on Byte Information Exchange in 1988), as
well as in Knuth Volume 3.  The style is sufficiently odd that a
student turning it in as his own would certainly have to change the
style, at the very least, or even the least suspicious teacher
would notice.  Since the original poster actually asked for tasking
using semaphores this is probably not his homework solution.  It
does use tasks to do sorting, and thus might be helpful to him.