From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT Ada - Clear Screen
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:40:27 GMT
Date: 2003-04-19T03:40:27+00:00	[thread overview]

"Fingertip" <kammar@deletethispart.actcom.co.il> wrote in message
news:newscache$ahdjdh$dso$1@lnews.actcom.co.il...
> David Holm <david@realityrift.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi,
> > there is an ncurses binding for Ada. I suggest you get that if you
> > want to be able to do advanced console manipulations that work on all
> > kinds of terminals.
> >
> > //David Holm
> >

> As a beginner programmer in ada, can you be a bit more specific?
>
> What is a binding? Where can I find the one you are talking about?

Some things you would like to program which are not "built in" to the
programming language (like clearing the screen).  To perform these
operations you must call routines that are not built into the language, and
are operating system specific.

"Bindings" refer to the code that permit you to access libraries from Ada.

A good source of bindings and general information is found at:
  http://www.adapower.com

You'll also find a lot of links to other good sites there.

For clearing the screen go to:

http://users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk/packages.html

And take a look at the NT/Win95 Console package.

I think it has what you're looking for.

Steve
(The Duck)