From: Andy McLaughlin <fake@email.addr>
Subject: Re: MYFILEFORMATS.COM = plagiarism?
Date: 2000/10/11
Date: 2000-10-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi All,

This web site appears to be stolen.

It looks to me as if the proprietors of this site have stolen all of
their content, verbatim and without giving credit, from this site:

http://www.wotsit.org/

(which is a truly excellent site, IMHO).  Pretty slimy.  I don't think
I'll be visiting again any time soon, but feel free to compare for
yourselves.  For example, compare these sets of documents about graphics
file formats:

http://myfileformats.com/search.php3?cat_id=20&cat_name=Graphics&start=5
http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=5&s=graphics

It's either theft or a remarkable series of coincidences.
-Andy