* Real-time embedded systems - Ada resources
@ 2000-04-14  0:00 Per Ivar Skinderhaug
From: Per Ivar Skinderhaug @ 2000-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I am searching for resources on developing real-time embedded systems
using Ada(95).

We are going to develop a interrupt driven round-robin non-tasking system.
Serial lines and
a ethernet card will be used for input/output of data to/from the system.

Do anyone have referrences to litterature or examples of implementing such
systems using Ada?

Thanks,

Per Ivar Skinderhaug
perivar.skinderhaug@navia.no

* Re: Real-time embedded systems - Ada resources
@ 2000-04-14  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <WJEJ4.4386$r6.501315@juliett.dax.net>,
  "Per Ivar Skinderhaug" <PerIvar.Skinderhaug@SPAM.navia.no> wrote:
> Hello, I am searching for resources on developing real-time embedded
> systems using Ada(95).
>
> We are going to develop a interrupt driven round-robin non-tasking
> system. Serial lines and

So I presume you have strict latency requirements on the response to
those interrupts, right? What order of time are we talking here?
Seconds? Milliseconds? Microseconds?

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Real-time embedded systems - Ada resources
@ 2000-04-14  0:00 ` Marin D. Condic
From: Marin D. Condic @ 2000-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Ivar Skinderhaug wrote:

> Hello, I am searching for resources on developing real-time embedded systems
> using Ada(95).

Well, I've done it once or twice. I guess that makes me a resource.
Unfortunately, I'm not cheap. :-)

MDC
Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"I'd trade it all for just a little more"
    --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]

* Real-time embedded systems - Ada resources
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-04-15  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2000-04-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Hello, I am searching for resources on developing real-time embedded
>systems using Ada(95).  Do anyone have referrences to litterature or
>examples of implementing such systems using Ada?
  A (rather old) reference is
Designing Large Real-Time Systems with Ada, by Kjell Nielsen and
Ken Shumate, ISBN 0-07-046536-3

* Re: Real-time embedded systems - Ada resources
@ 2000-04-15  0:00 ` Steven Hovater
From: Steven Hovater @ 2000-04-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For what it's worth, Rational ships their cross compilers with both
serial support, and (for common ethernet chips) ethernet drivers.
All are written in Ada.

What compiler are you using? If it's a Rational compiler, then you  may
already have a working example.

Cheers,
Steve
--