From: "pakman" <pakman744@nospam.com>
Subject: Child Package Operator Visibility
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:03:27 -0400
Date: 2008-04-05T10:03:27-04:00	[thread overview]

Recently, in the process of illustrating Ada 95 child packages in a course I
teach, I implemented the Fractions.Comparisons package from N. Cohen's Ada
as a Second Language, 2nd ed text. In the test program, I withed the
Fractions and Fractions.Comparisons packages, and then specified the use
type Fractions.Fraction_Type for direct visibility of the Fractions package
operators. I was surprised that the Fractions.Comparisons package operators
were not directly visible (that is, I was not able to test for A < B). To
make the example work, I added the use Fractions.Comparisons statement.

So, my questions are: 1) Why didn't the use type work for the
Fractions.Comparisons operators, and 2) how do I make the operators directly
visible?

While this is an academic exercise, actual projects using this combination
of parent and child packages have experienced similar problems.

Thanks,
John Cupak