From: Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: FSF style task list for Ada projects ?
Date: 27 Dec 2001 09:44:14 -0600
Date: 2001-12-27T09:44:14-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <QDFW7.11949$XC5.11245@www.newsranger.com>, Simon Clubley <simon_clubley@remove_me.altavista.co.uk-Earth.UFP> writes:
> Has anybody considered producing a version of the FSF's GNU task list which
> would list projects to implement in Ada ?
>
> I have looked at the usual web pages, but did not find anything in this
> area and it occurs to me that such a list could help focus those people
> interested in developing freely available Ada software.
>
> For reference, the FSF's current task list can be found here:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/tasks.html

I don't understand the purpose of creating a list of
"projects to implement in Ada".  The list to which
you point is a list of software products, and many
of them could be done in Ada.

Having all the Ada fans go off and work in a separate
space is a bad idea because it reduces the chance to
expose others to Ada.