From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: Only one Ada vendor?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:08:19 -0700
Date: 2007-10-19T19:08:19-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello;

<Sloan.Kohler@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1192806306.892546.73350@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> Its Friday - thought I would try to stir things up...

>Since IBM took over it seems that Apex product development has completely
>stagnated while they focus on collecting license maintenance >fees from
>legacy customers who are in too deep to switch compilers.

But one of the whole marks of Ada is that it is so much a standardized
language that one could compile Ada code with any conforming Ada compiler
and this should never cause a problem?

If this was say C or C++ code full of #ifdefs and each C compiler having its
own set of a million different compiler switches I would understand, but Ada
code?  So I am just curious why would it be hard to "switch" Ada compilers?

Nasser