From: Per Sandberg <per.s.sandberg@bahnhof.se>
Subject: Re: IoT / IIoT stuff
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 06:18:34 +0100
Date: 2016-01-27T06:18:34+01:00	[thread overview]

Well from my point of view the the important aspect is that we agree on
a reasonable number of protocols on different levels in in the
communication stacks and the protocols and standards (official or
defecto) may be: IP, TCP, UDP, Spread, 0Mq, MQTT, AMQP,  Protobuff,
Json, Corba, DDS,  or GumboJumbo.

I actually don't care which one and on what level we are talking , but I
do care that the community agree on communication standards that are
language neutral an includes the full semantics of the data flows from
application down to the lowest level of transport.

The 0MQ bindings and the MQTT bindings was something I needed for some
small projects (hobby and commercial).

You are quite right concerning DDS there is an Ada binding to the RTI
implementation of DDS where I also was "involved".

I think that the next step would be to get a protobuffer implementation out.

/Persan