From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: how  to declare an array of pointers
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:30:50 GMT
Date: 2003-11-01T23:30:50+00:00	[thread overview]

lolo27 wrote:

> i dont understand how do i access an elemnt?
>
> Array_Hash_type(index).something
>
> i know i have to allocate each elemnt but how can i access elment
> with an index after he is allocated.
>
> can you post me example?
> where can i find example on the net?
> thanks a lot

It's apparent that you haven't developed a very good understanding of
Ada yet, so I have to ask why you think you need pointers. Pointers are
needed in Ada much less often than in many other languages. About the
only time a beginner really needs pointers is to implement dynamic data
structures, but such structures don't generally need arrays. It appears
you may be trying to create a hash table, but I think you need to sit
down with one of the fine on-line texts or tutorials and get to know the
language a little better before you dive into something like that. A
good place to look on the net for Ada resources is www.adapower.com;
www.adaworld.com is another.

--
Jeff Carter
"Many times we're given rhymes that are quite unsingable."