From: "Jeff C r e e.m" <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: What is the best source of GNAT for Win32?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:21:34 GMT
Date: 2004-12-26T18:21:34+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.6.1104082650.527.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org...
>   Since GNAT has become the dominant Ada compiler and AdaCore does not
> appear to be providing binary distributions, a new source for a binary
> distribution including a simple install needs to be created.  One other
> possibility would be to provide a binary distribution of A# that was
> independent of GNAT.
>   This distribution of an Ada compiler should include a development
> environment.  This could be a functioning version of the AdaCore's GPS or
> integration with Microsoft's Visual Studio. Does the available public
> version of GPS have a functioning pretty printer?  In order to serve as
> the

Actually I think the pretty printer is part of the compiler distribution
(prj-pp) but for some reason it
does not build/get built when the standard build routines are done.

Not sure if it would work if someone did get it built...

As for a development environment it would be really nice if someone make a
libre version of an
Eclipse Integration.

Aonix seems to be doing work in that area but nothing seems to indicate that
it is free software.

http://www.aonix.com/pr_07.26.04.html