From: "Gleason" <agleaso1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Green Hills 64 Bit Float Problem on PowerPC 603
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:29:14 GMT
Date: 2001-03-31T21:29:14+00:00	[thread overview]

DPH wrote:

> Not sure.  I really gotta find out where it stuck those extra 4 bytes,
tho,
> and what logic it used when it placed them wherever it did.  If at the end
of
> the message, then fine - it won't hurt how the tool picks up data from the
> file.  If it stuck it in somewhere in the middle, then the tool will be
> finding wrong data after that... until I figure out how to predict the
anomaly
> and compensate for it.

Why not read the assembly code?  With the Green Hills tools there are two
ways
to get an interspersed source and assembly view.  One is with the debugger,
the
other is through the compiler's assembly listing.  By using your existing
code or
designing a simple test case that accesses every field of the record, you
should be
able to easily read the assembly code and figure out how the record is layed
out.

Hope this helps.
Jim Gleason