* SDL_tff.dll missing
@ 2014-10-03 14:41 Phil
From: Phil @ 2014-10-03 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am brushing off the cob webs as it has been many moons since I was
writing ADA software....it was with text based screens! :) So I have some
really simple questions if someone can help :)

I have installed GPS from Adacore onto a russian language windows 7,
(trouble with windows XP install as well). I am not 100% sure I have done
the installation correctly. I have also been trying on Ubuntu 14.04 and
12.4 machines with not a lot of joy.

No problem with text output to the screen. all is working fine.

On the windows 7 machine, using the template sample game inside GPS, I
compile and run the program. I then get "SDL_tff.dll" not found. program
stops.

Should I just download from one of the many places on the Internet. Does
it matter if 32 bit or 64 bit? In which directory should it go?

I actually prefer to work on the Ubuntu box, but someone I know wants to
program games and it seems like the Adacore setup might work better.
I just want to get to the point where I can open a simple window in
graphics mode. the games support on Adacore would be nice, but not
essential. I might ask in a separate post about gtkada....

* Re: SDL_tff.dll missing
@ 2014-10-13 14:57 ` Dominic Hayes
From: Dominic Hayes @ 2014-10-13 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can workaround this by copying the file
<gnat>/lib/SDL_ttf.dll under <gnat>/bin/SLD_ttf.dll

* Re: SDL_tff.dll missing
@ 2014-10-14  9:21   ` Phil
From: Phil @ 2014-10-14  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:57:19 -0700, Dominic Hayes wrote:

> You can workaround this by copying the file <gnat>/lib/SDL_ttf.dll under
> <gnat>/bin/SLD_ttf.dll

Thanks, the workaround worked perfectly!