From: kubek@gmmhp1.gmm.insa-tlse.fr (Jean-Marie Kubek)
Subject: Re: gdb and ADA95
Date: 1996/04/15
Date: 1996-04-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4klgci$403@ramses.eurocontrol.fr> Nicolas Gautier <Nicolas.Gautier@eurocontrol.fr> writes:

    Nicolas> Nicolas Gautier <gtr> wrote:
    >> I have been trying to use gdb with gud and gnat compiler. gdb
    >> crashed when I tryed to print the variable contents, and when
    >> stepping with the gud interface. Does anybody know where these
    >> problems come from? And if an interactive mode exists in gud to
    >> print variable contents?

    Nicolas> Sorry, but I had a problem with my e-mail address in my
    Nicolas> with HP-UX 09.05. I am using GNAT-3.01 and gdb-4.15.1.

Does your compiler use *gas* ? If not, beware that some
incompatibilities exists between the executable format for HP boxes and gdb.

As said in the Install notes for gcc on HPs, you *must* get the gnus
"binutils" distribution in order to use gas as the assembler program
called by gcc.

If you want to know if your gcc uses gas you have to try the following :
	gcc -v <some c file>
and then look for a line containing an "as" string in the output.

En hopant que ca helpe,
	Jean-Marie.