* Re: The Ken Starr Report on TalkSpot, OOPS
@ 1998-09-15  0:00 adam
From: adam @ 1998-09-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Helen Arias wrote:

> In article 2EA1@ford.com, "Timothy J. Butler" <tbutler@ford.com> writes:
> }Helen Arias wrote:
> }>
> }> In article 3362@ford.com, "Timothy J. Butler" <tbutler@ford.com> writes:
> }> }Before we begin, I'll remind everyone of the part of the list
> }> }you snipped - the challenge of naming 5 presidents from this
> }> }century who did not have affairs while in office.
> }> }
> }> }Gwen A Orel wrote:
> }> }>
> }> }> Timothy J. Butler (tbutler@ford.com) wrote:
> }> }>
> }> }> : George Bush
> }> }> Old when elected
> }> }
> }> }Still didn't have an affair.
> }>
> }> Had a mistress during his tenure at the CIA.
> }
> }He wasn't president while he was at the CIA. The challenge
> }was to list 5 men who had had affairs while they were president.
>
> You see, I just don't understand this kind of thinking. Are you
> saying a man's character and ethical beliefs mean nothing until he
> becomes President?  BWAHAHAH!

No, he's saying to PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE *#&$ING
DISCUSSION!!!  Someone asked Timothy to list 5 presidents who did not
have affairs while in office, Timothy did what he was asked, and now
everyone's finding reasons to criticize his list.  Sheesh!!!!!!!!

I don't like losing my temper like this.  But it looks like somebody's
got to do it.

                                -- Adam

* Re: The Ken Starr Report on TalkSpot, OOPS
@ 1998-09-15  0:00 ` Derek Greene
From: Derek Greene @ 1998-09-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

It doesn't matter if they had an affair while in office, the point is the man
lied about it in a court of law underoath...more than once!  That is perjury and
am extremely serious crime in our nation! On top of all this he sold state
secrets to the Chinese for campaign funds!  Thanks to our almighty president, we
have very powerful nuclear rockets aimed at our country.  He also blocked a
pentagon report illegally, which would have shown this outright.  I don't like
that he had an affair, that's bad, but if he told the truth, I wouldn't be happy
with him, but I wouldn't be screaming impeach.  On top of all this he tried to
obstruct Mr. Starr's investigation, intentionally: another crime, obstruction of
justice.  On top of this, I'm very sure Mr. Starr could get plenty of evidence
for conspiracy to comit murder, accessory to murder, and what ever the heck it is
you call it when someone pays another persont o comit the murder.  It's not that
hard to do that.  My opinion is, impeach him, convict him,a nd give him the
maximum punishments for all of his crimes.  Were it anyone else, the only crime i
would say go max for would be treason, but he is our prsident and should be a
standing moral example for our country, instead he's perverted,  a sociopath, a
liar...the list goes on.  Oh yeah, one more thing, supposedly Ken Starr is part
of a witch hunt correct? Well, if that is true, why is he a registered democrat?
Billclinton personally approved of him for the job, and has had at any given time
the power to terminate the investigation.  He's the one who is costing our
country, not Starr.

@ 1998-09-16  0:00 Fredrik Thoernblad
From: Fredrik Thoernblad @ 1998-09-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excuse me for asking, but what's the Starr report got to do with Ada???

Fredrik

* Re: The Ken Starr Report on TalkSpot, OOPS
@ 1998-09-16  0:00 ` Andrzej Lewandowski
From: Andrzej Lewandowski @ 1998-09-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fredrik Thoernblad wrote:

> Excuse me for asking, but what's the Starr report got to do with Ada???
>
> Fredrik

Had an affair with Ada Lovelace?...

A.L.

* Re: The Ken Starr Report on TalkSpot, OOPS
@ 1998-09-16  0:00   ` Gautier.DeMontmollin
From: Gautier.DeMontmollin @ 1998-09-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Excuse me for asking, but what's the Starr report got to do with Ada???

> Had an affair with Ada Lovelace?...

Surely it reminds hot scenes from Nabokov's Ada !

--
Gautier

--------
Homepage: http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Montmollin.html
Software: http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

* Re: The Ken Starr Report on TalkSpot, OOPS
@ 1998-10-14  0:00     ` Ludovic13
From: Ludovic13 @ 1998-10-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <KO0rl04B14qQ@nedcu4>,
  Gautier.DeMontmollin@maths.unine.ch wrote:
> >> Excuse me for asking, but what's the Starr report got to do with Ada???
>
> > Had an affair with Ada Lovelace?...
>
> Surely it reminds hot scenes from Nabokov's Ada !

It's a little known fact, that Lovelace wrote compilers only for special
Arsenic-Vanadium computers.  Of course, today, ferrous systems enjoy a better
network effect in this age of the information superhighway, due to their
taking advantage of randomized long-range quantum effects.  Call it the "Iron
butterfly" effect, just make sure you computer doesnt rust in its dorosocket!