From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: 83 LRM
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:33:16 -0500
Date: 2006-07-17T19:33:16-05:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.not.jrcarter@acm.not.spam.org> wrote in message
news:OsSug.842450$084.423749@attbi_s22...
> REH wrote:
> > Can someone tell me where I can find a PDF version of the '83 LRM?
>
> There's an HTML version at adaic.org; I'm not aware of a PDF version.

To my knowledge, the 83 RM was produced directly to paper. (It long predates
things like PDF!). I don't think the original Scribe files exist anymore,
either. The HTML version was created by hand by AJPO (which is why it is
full of markup errors; I can't vouch for the accuracy of the text, either).

The only reason that there is a PDF of the Ada 95 version is that I made one
to test the new tools at the start of the project that created the (2001)
Consolidated RM. It has a few formatting errors that have been discovered
more recently (one just a month ago), so even it can't be considered
"official".

The PDF of the 2001 Consolidated RM is, OTOH, the same as what was printed
by Springer, and I expect the same will be true for the 2005 version when
that is finished up. (Keep in mind the version currently available is the
last draft, and it is possible that some changes will be made in the final
version. There definitely will be some changes in Annex P and the index (not
normative, of course).

That should be more information than you wanted to know... ;-)

                        Randy.