From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Common ADA apps
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 21:01:30 GMT
Date: 2001-07-06T21:01:30+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3B46220E.D3332B6F@eyup.org>, John Poltorak says...

>Are  there any particularly well known free ADA apps around?
>
>I'd like to have a look at something TCP/IP orientated if possible, to
>get an idea of what is involved in writing Internet based apps.

Well, the SETI@Home Service is fairly well known among SETI@Home users (a
smallish niche, I will grant you. There are only 1 to 3 million of them :-) ).
It doesn't do any CGI, but it does contain its own webserver.

The webserver used is a package called AWS, which makes creating your own
webserver almost trivial. I believe there may be similar packages out there for
CGI, (one will be included with the next version of the GNU Ada compiler), but
I've never felt the need to use one.

---