* On-line Ada Language Reference Manual
@ 2004-01-22 15:59 Kevin Simonson
From: Kevin Simonson @ 2004-01-22 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

What's a quick way to get access to the Ada Language Reference Manual?
I used to own one but I don't any more.  Is it on the Internet some-
where, or do I need to go to Borders or somewhere to buy it or a book
containing it?

     I had a phone interview yesterday with a recruiter who's looking
for someone with Ada experience.  I have eight years of Ada experi-
ence, but I last coded back in 1995, so I'm looking for something to
brush up on Ada on.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

                                ---Kevin Simonson

"Maybe it started as a dream, but doesn't everything?"
from _James and the Giant Peach_

* Re: On-line Ada Language Reference Manual
@ 2004-01-22 16:20 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2004-01-22 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin,

This link ought to do you: http://www.adaic.org/standards/ada95.html

The Ada 95 RM is not as easy to read as the Ada 83 one was - you might
want to check tutorial material available via www.adapower.com

Good luck with the interview.

- Ed

* Re: On-line Ada Language Reference Manual
@ 2004-01-22 18:57 ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2004-01-22 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find tutorials and freely available books in PDF format at my
website http://www.adaworld.com click on the Learning Center button....

--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster

@ 2004-01-22 23:37   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2004-01-22 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Ed Falis <falis@verizon.net> writes:

> Kevin,
>
> This link ought to do you: http://www.adaic.org/standards/ada95.html

But if you want info format, for easy reading in the One True Editor*,
see http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/ada/arm.html

The info version will eventually appear on the adaic site, when Randy
has some free time.

--
-- Stephe

*Gnu Emacs, of course.