* gnat newsgroups
@ 2001-08-05 15:34 Tony Gair
From: Tony Gair @ 2001-08-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Guys,
     does anyone know if there are newsgroups for gnat and gtkada, etc,
If anyone is interested maybe we can start one
Regards
Tony Gair

* Re: gnat newsgroups
@ 2001-08-05 16:14 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2001-08-05 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 15:34:04 GMT, Tony Gair wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>      does anyone know if there are newsgroups for gnat and gtkada, etc,
> If anyone is interested maybe we can start one

Not newsgroups, but mailinglists. For Gtkada go to:

   http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda/

The direct link to the mailinglist is:

Preben
--
�Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language.�  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)

Use Ada 95, a free language. More info at http://www.adapower.com/

* Re: gnat newsgroups
@ 2001-08-05 16:30 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-08-05 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tony Gair" <tonygair@nospammy.blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

>      does anyone know if there are newsgroups for gnat and gtkada, etc,

For these topics, the most specific groups probably are comp.lang.ada
and comp.windows.x, I think.

> If anyone is interested maybe we can start one

I doubt there is enough traffic.

* Re: gnat newsgroups
@ 2001-08-05 20:30   ` Tony Gair
From: Tony Gair @ 2001-08-05 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Florian Weimer" <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote in message
> "Tony Gair" <tonygair@nospammy.blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
> >      does anyone know if there are newsgroups for gnat and gtkada, etc,
>
> For these topics, the most specific groups probably are comp.lang.ada
> and comp.windows.x, I think.
>
> > If anyone is interested maybe we can start one
>
> I doubt there is enough traffic.

This is probably because there is no newsgroup Mr Doubting Thomas. For me
personally they are very useful in other areas such as linux and vms..
These mailing lists can be a little too PUSH rather that PULL for me.

* Re: gnat newsgroups
@ 2001-08-06 14:28   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-08-06 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87k80i31w6.fsf@deneb.enyo.de>, Florian Weimer says...

>"Tony Gair" <tonygair@nospammy.blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
>>      does anyone know if there are newsgroups for gnat and gtkada, etc,
>
>For these topics, the most specific groups probably are comp.lang.ada
>and comp.windows.x, I think.

There are email lists available for both. Gnatlist is at
http://lyris.seas.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=gnatlist&text_mode=0 . GTKAda
probably falls under the GnomeAda list, which is at
http://lists.act-europe.fr/mailman/listinfo/gnomeada .

---