* XML/Ada
@ 2001-08-29 22:32 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-08-29 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks

Has anyone got XML Ada built on the Windows platform yet?  I'm aware that
there is no distro or makefile for windows, yet.  Makefiles have always
posed a problem for me, and i'm working through the sources of the package
to see if there's a possible alternative way to build it.   If anyone has
built it, could you please share how you did it?

When I try I get

too many parameters: gnatmake

and a bunch of other errors.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: XML/Ada
@ 2001-08-30  7:24 ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 2001-08-30  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks
>
> Has anyone got XML Ada built on the Windows platform yet?  I'm aware that
> there is no distro or makefile for windows, yet.  Makefiles have always
> posed a problem for me, and i'm working through the sources of the package
> to see if there's a possible alternative way to build it.   If anyone has
> built it, could you please share how you did it?
>
> When I try I get
>
> too many parameters: gnatmake
>
> and a bunch of other errors.

I compiled XmlAda-0.5.1 on an Windows box, using Gnat-3.13.
The readme tells you about the gnatmake parameters (you have to uncomment
the second gnatmake line, and comment out the first one), inside
makefile.module.

However, the make process still failed here, so I had to play with it a bit.
I didn't fix the makefile, just cleaned after it manually.

Ehud Lamm
mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il

* Re: XML/Ada
@ 2001-08-30 12:18   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-08-30 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il> wrote in message

> chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks
> >
> > Has anyone got XML Ada built on the Windows platform yet?  I'm aware
that
> > there is no distro or makefile for windows, yet.  Makefiles have always
> > posed a problem for me, and i'm working through the sources of the
package
> > to see if there's a possible alternative way to build it.   If anyone
has
> > built it, could you please share how you did it?
> >
> > When I try I get
> >
> > too many parameters: gnatmake
> >
> > and a bunch of other errors.
> >

> I compiled XmlAda-0.5.1 on an Windows box, using Gnat-3.13.
> The readme tells you about the gnatmake parameters (you have to uncomment
> the second gnatmake line, and comment out the first one), inside
> makefile.module.

Did that, but as you pointed out it doesn't seem to work.

> However, the make process still failed here, so I had to play with it a
bit.
> I didn't fix the makefile, just cleaned after it manually.

I managed to get it built by copying all source files to xmlada\src, opening
all ads files and hitting F3 in AdaGIDE until every ads file was compiled
and then copying *.ali and *.o to xmlada\lib.  Then put them on the
ADA_OBJECTS_PATH and ADA_INCLUDE_PATH, and reboot.  Took a while, but it
works!!!

Chris