From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: XML/Ada
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:18:33 +0100
Date: 2001-08-30T13:18:33+01:00	[thread overview]

"Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
news:9mkpqb$oe$1@news.huji.ac.il...

> chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks
> >
> > Has anyone got XML Ada built on the Windows platform yet?  I'm aware
that
> > there is no distro or makefile for windows, yet.  Makefiles have always
> > posed a problem for me, and i'm working through the sources of the
package
> > to see if there's a possible alternative way to build it.   If anyone
has
> > built it, could you please share how you did it?
> >
> > When I try I get
> >
> > too many parameters: gnatmake
> >
> > and a bunch of other errors.
> >

> I compiled XmlAda-0.5.1 on an Windows box, using Gnat-3.13.
> The readme tells you about the gnatmake parameters (you have to uncomment
> the second gnatmake line, and comment out the first one), inside
> makefile.module.

Did that, but as you pointed out it doesn't seem to work.

> However, the make process still failed here, so I had to play with it a
bit.
> I didn't fix the makefile, just cleaned after it manually.

I managed to get it built by copying all source files to xmlada\src, opening
all ads files and hitting F3 in AdaGIDE until every ads file was compiled
and then copying *.ali and *.o to xmlada\lib.  Then put them on the
ADA_OBJECTS_PATH and ADA_INCLUDE_PATH, and reboot.  Took a while, but it
works!!!

Chris