From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Another good URL for all you C++ haters
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:43:05 GMT
Date: 2001-09-05T13:43:05+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3B961909.4020705@___skynamics.com.invalid>, Gerhard
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E4ring?= says...

>Chris M. Moore wrote:
>> http://www.byte.com/documents/s=1271/byt20010831s0001/0903_nichols.html
>> would be a tool which takes C++ declarations and produced Ada
>> bindings.  The GNAT User manual hints that such a tool exists but
>> states that ACT don't distribute it.
>
>Could you tell us where in the manual to find this hint?

I can point you to a usenet posting:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=binding+generator+group:comp.lang.ada+author:dewar&hl=xx-bork&safe=off&rnum=3&selm=7j4lua%242rs%241%40nnrp1.deja.com

I'd paraphrase it, but that always seems to get me in trouble. So I'll quote an
excerpt (Sorry for the confusing header field names. I have my Google set to
Mock-Sweedish. Think Sweedish Chef when you read them.)
----
Frum:Robert Dewar (dewar@gnat.com)
Soobject:Re: Ada and C++; Any Gurus Out There?
Noosgruoops:comp.lang.ada
Dete-a:1999/06/03

..
As I have noted before, ACT has long term plans to make this
binding generator available, but we do not have any release
data for this product (it is the binding generator that was
used to generate all the SGI C++ bindings that come with the
SGI Ada 95 product).

---