From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: File rename in Ada95
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:14:17 GMT
Date: 2008-10-30T17:14:17+00:00	[thread overview]

I would say to load the file in memory if memory is available, just in case
the program cashes.  Plus it save, speed of accessing the data file. Memory
it cheap where Time is not.

Or it is better to create a subroutine to copy the old file to a temporary new
file then use that temporary file in your program. That way, the orginal file
still exist, just in case your program crashes.

The lack of the delete and rename function was a part of the DOD requirement
for data safety and security.  And since Ada specification are no long under
that strict requirement the delete and rename function have been added.